1. Snuggling and sharing your valentine candy with your sister, even though you don't always get along
2. not about me.
3. a choice.
4. working for something or someone outside of yourself.
5. getting out of a bed flooded in daylight after hearing every ray of a moonlit cry from your feverishly ill children.
6. crossing the sea to follow your love.
7. leaving for work at 4 AM, driving for 3 1/2 hours, then working for 8 hours, driving for another 3 1/2 hours only to end the day washing dishes.
8. a hatbox filled with hershey's kisses fitted with hand-written love-note flags.
9. Saint Valentine, who married lovers who wished to be united against Roman law in spite of the risk of losing his head.
10. a handmade construction-paper valentine.
11. answering a call from someone who needs your encouragement almost as much as you need to give it.
12. making a way for friends to have a much-needed date-night and even hiring the sitter.
13. forgiveness; even without an apology.
14. watching these two grow...
...as they remind me that love never fails
... to take your breath away
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.
1 Corinthians 3:4-8A
What is love to you?